Monday 30 July 2012

Joshua Radin

With Joshua Radin's fourth album, Underwater, released today and him being one of my all time favourite singer-songwriters I seized the opportunity to write about this incredible collection of new songs. After two albums that couldn't live up to his first, We Were Here, his musical talent has excelled in Underwater. He's stripped back his music to the basic and raw sound that we all know and love him for. Not only is the collection of lyrics credible, but it is the fantastic musical quality that keeps calling me back for another listen. I have honestly had this album on repeat all day and am yet to become bored of it. The new album is largely compiled of songs to showcase Radin's vocals against his well know gently strummed acoustic guitar to create the relaxing and soothing sound that makes this album unmissable. I really can't recommend the album enough or do it justice, being a huge Radin fan, I may be bias but, this is perhaps one of the best new releases I have heard all year. Listen to if you are a fan of John Mayer, they both share a unique sound and quality of their music. I recommend listening to the title song Underwater... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKlay7HyKc http://us.joshuaradin.com/landing/

No comments:

Post a Comment